Your flooring survival guide
While flooring is our specialty, it might not be yours...and that's OK! At Flooring 101, we're ready to help, and we hope this handy project checklist will help you stay on track while tackling each and every step.
WHAT'S ON YOUR PROJECT CHECKLIST?
Undertaking any home improvement project requires hard work, careful planning, and an understanding of the process ahead. At Flooring 101, we do everything we can to help each customer plan accordingly. You should start by coming up with a checklist and adhering to it throughout the course of your project. It can help to split your checklist into three stages: pre-project, during project, and post-project.
- Remove furniture from workspace.
- Empty closets and pantries if needed.
- Remove oven, fridge, and dishwasher if working in kitchen.
- Remove all items from countertops.
- Remove toilet if working in bathroom.
- Draw blinds or lift or remove window treatments if needed.
- If installing hardwood flooring, prepare an area for acclimation. Hardwood flooring needs to adjust to the humidity levels in your home before it can be installed.
- Plan to be home during the installation and communicate with the team as needed.
- Address baseboards and doors (your installers will know what to do about these.)
- Ask any questions while the team is onsite.
- Wait 24 hours before walking on your flooring.
- Wait 48 hours before returning furniture.
- Place felt pads on the legs of all furniture.
- Wait one week before placing rugs on your new flooring.
- Keep your flooring completely dry for at least one week.
If you have questions during your renovation project, please do not hesitate to ask Flooring 101. We are here to help, even after your project is completed!